- President's Award for "distinguished service in the highest traditions of the criminal defense bar."
- On list of best trial lawyers in Washington.
- An "artist" in the courtroom who "challenges you to raise your quality of practice."
- Ranked "at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Voted by peers to the "Super Lawyers list" each year since 1999.
- On list of best lawyers in Seattle.
- "Superb" rating.
- "I have worked with him on two death penalty cases. It is hard to imagine how anyone could have done a better job."
Criminal Defense Trials and Appeals
Seattle, Washington Criminal Defense Law Firm
The Law Office of Michael Iaria PLLC is a Seattle criminal defense firm guided by the principle that justice for its clients is achieved through extraordinary effort, preparation, and creativity.
Some clients think they want an aggressive lawyer, but aggressiveness is too often just another word for fear, and there is a short, straight path that connects fear and poor judgment. We prefer to act on the confidence, creativity, and good judgment that come from decades of experience and from thorough, methodical, and exhaustive work. When it is time to advocate for our clients, we do not back down, not because of some thinly applied surface coating of aggressiveness, but because we are ready.
The firm emphasizes the defense of white collar, death penalty, homicide, and other serious felony and misdemeanor cases in federal and state courts. It also represents professionals in disciplinary matters and victims of sexual abuse, police misconduct, and other traumatic events as plaintiffs in civil cases.
Michael Iaria, the firm's founder, is an award-winning Seattle criminal defense attorney with nearly thirty years of experience defending clients accused by the government of crimes. Known for his trial and appellate skills, and respected by prosecutors and judges, he believes that justice for his clients is a product of tireless hard work.
With offices in Seattle, on Bainbridge Island, and in Leavenworth, the firm has a statewide practice and has appeared in matters throughout the Northwest.